Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Lord, Bless Me"

I believe religion and religious beliefs are very private and personal. I respect everyone's right to his or her own system of beliefs, as I would expect them ro respect mine. It is in that spirit that I post this particular blog.

I wrote this prayer 7 hears ago for my own benefit. I have passed it on to a few friends over the years. Some of them have encouraged me to share it with a broader audience, so I make it available here for anyone who may find it of interest or of value in their life. This Lenten Season seems like an appropriate time to do so. No other motive.

LORD BLESS ME ……

Lord, bless me with a deep and abiding faith so that I may be worthy to stand in the light of your presence.

Lord, bless me with material resources sufficient to enable me to become all that I am capable of being without compromise.

Lord, bless me with good health so that I can carry the burdens of life with strength, confidence and grace.

Lord, bless me with an open mind so that I can see new horizons and never miss an opportunity to have my life enriched by those who dare to be different.

Lord, bless me with the spirit of your divine love, so that I may be free from prejudice, bigotry and hatred.

Lord, bless me with a kind and generous soul so that I may freely share my bounty and never be impervious to the sufferings of others.

Lord, bless me with humility so that I will be one with the inherent decency and goodness of my fellow man.

Lord, bless me with the joy of loving and serving You.

Amen.

Written 11/01
Posted by Cowboy Bob
March 13, 2008

No comments: